The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn't that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves. (We didn't do this part since we had double the answers!)
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
1. Gold or silver?
Ashley: Silver! All the way. Gold just looks dirty to me. (I can deal with white gold.)
2. What is your favorite candy?
A: Sour Patch Kids! I can't eat them right now with my braces and it's so hard. I wasn't even a huge candy fan until I realized how little of it I would be able to eat when I got braces in May.
J: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
3. Best book you’ve read recently.
A: I've been a bad, bad reader lately. The last book that I read that I absolutely fell in love with was The Night Circus. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes out-of-the-ordinary love stories. I kept envisioning the most incredible Tim Burton-esque scenes throughout reading.
J: Tell-All by Chuck Palahniuk.
4. Link and/or photo of a handbag that you are currently coveting.
A: I need this Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Shopper in my life. It won't be happening any time soon.
J: (He didn't write any explanations whatsoever, so here's the Louis Vuitton messenger bag he apparently likes, and like the Marc Jacobs bag it won't be making any appearances in our house anytime soon:)
5. A sentence or two describing a happy memory from your childhood.
A: When my younger siblings and I were little we fought, constantly with few exceptions, one of them being when it stormed at night. The younger ones would get so scared that we would all pile into the bottom bunk of the boys' bed and drape blankets around the outside and then we would spend the night hanging out, talking, and playing with flashlights until we fell asleep or the storm died down.
J: Running down a University of Louisville classroom building hallway screaming that there were "potties on the wall" in the men's bathroom when class was in full session. Also mom taking me to Chuck E. Cheeses on Wednesdays.
6. Three favorite online shopping websites.
A: J.Crew and Amazon are two that I order from pretty regularly. Other than that, I mostly just browse ShopStyle and Etsy a lot.
J: Amazon, Etsy, and Urban Outfitters.
7. Something that you learned recently.
A: I've recently had several in depth discussions with Jason about comic books and how series stick to a particular plot/story line, but different series are free to create completely different story lines. Example: For Spiderman, Peter Parker's parents must be dead or at the very least assumed dead. He must live with his aunt and his uncle can be alive, but has to die at the latest around the time Peter gains his spider powers, which have to come from some type of spider bite. From there series writers can decide how his parents died, how Uncle Ben dies, how the spider bite happens, etc. I read novels, so these fluctuating story lines mess with my head.
J: The first novel ever written on a typewriter was "Tom Sawyer."
8. Beauty product you can’t live without.
A: I absolutely love the off brand cream cleanser I use to wash my face. It's $3 and literally the only face wash that has kept my skin clear my entire life.
J: Lacoste Essential Cologne or Yves St. Laurent La Homme Cologne.
9. A pet peeve.
A: Oh, I listed a ton of these in a link up yesterday, but here are a few more (I can't just list one!): When people drive under the speed limit in the fast/passing lanes on the interstate, when people mindlessly stand in the middle of aisles in the grocery store and refuse to move even when they see you standing there waiting for them to move over to one side, when people act offended over non-offensive comments/over-sensitivity, when children are badly behaved and their parents refuse to discipline them, and passive aggressive attention seeking tweets/status updates.
J: Not being trusted.
10. What is your favorite season of the year?
A: Easily fall. The best weather, the best clothes. I love it!
11. Number of hours you slept last night.
A: I'm not sure. I tossed and turned a lot, so off and on for just under seven hours.
J: 7 hours.
We're tagging (some of you don't have a GFC box, so if you have over 200 followers, my bad, you can do it anyway!):
A Foreign Land
Little Miss ALizzi
Eat. Bake. Sew. Love.
All Things Alisa
Here are your questions:
1. What is your favorite cereal?
2. How old were you before you stopped believing in Santa Claus?
3. Who is your favorite author?
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world and money was no object, where would you go? Why?
5. If there was a zombie apocalypse and you had to choose between staying in your home with ample food, but little protection (meaning you don't have the supplies to board yourself in completely) or hitting the road with a full tank of gas, but very limited supplies, what would your coarse of action be?
6. Favorite designer brand?
7. If you had to live in a decade other than the current one, which would you choose?
8. Any current events capturing your attention as of late?
9. Sailboat or cruise ship?
10. If you were Joey Potter, would you have picked Dawson or Pacey? (If you didn't watch Dawson's Creek, you can skip this one!)
11. Share your favorite summer color palette with us:
Please link us back when you post! I would love to read everyone's answers :)